Research Assistant, CPC
The Research Assistant, CPC will be responsible for the day-to-day completion of tasks necessary for the success of an assigned behavioral science research project or set of related projects performed by or in conjunction with the Cancer Prevention and Control Program of Hackensack University Medical Center/John Theurer Cancer Center.
1. Identifies potential participants, schedules screening and enrollment, obtains consent, administers measurement protocols, and completes activities related to ensuring participant retention, with oversight.
2. Assists with administrative aspects of coordinating activities with other funded sites.
3. Monitors well-being of research participants through measures and interactions with participants, notifying study staff of participants who appear to be impaired or distressed so that proper steps can be taken.
4. Assists with entering and managing data, performing routine data quality assurance procedures, and helping resolve discrepancies, with oversight.
5. Performs background research for manuscripts, publications, and research projects.
6. Maintain bibliographies and a database of important articles and manuscripts.
7. Assists in preparing and organizing study records, scheduling meetings, preparing and distributing meeting minutes.
8. Assists with payment, tracking, and documentation of patient study incentives.
9. Assists with IRB approvals and paperwork.
10. Other administrative tasks as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent years of experience.
2. Experience with behavioral human subjects research.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Ability to make good administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
5. Ability to work independently to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
6. Knowledge of research methods and topical content of assigned study.
7. Ability to deal effectively and professionally with persons ranging from leaders of national organizations, senior faculty, fellow RAs and patients.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.