Registered Respiratory Therapist (Full-Time Days)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Respiratory Therapist:
- Delivers respiratory care by providing therapy under medical direction in the evaluation, management, and care of patients in the nursing home with deficiencies of the cardiopulmonary system
- Under all methods of practice shall conform to all written forms of policies and procedures and be carried out to highly achievable level of competency in a manner demonstrating consideration and concern.
This position will be three 12-hour shifts per week.
A day in the life of a Respiratory Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Providing respiratory care and performing duties for respiratory patients, including general floor care, ventilator management, medication administration, CPT, breathing exercises, CPAP and BIPAP, and trach tube changes
- Reviewing patient information
- Collecting and evaluating all pertinent information pertaining to patients’ care
- Making recommendations to doctors and nurses to optimize care of residents
- Evaluating appropriateness of therapy
- Drawing and evaluating blood gases, and pulse oximetry
- Preparing equipment for use, including disinfection
- Patient and family education
- Performing complete computerization of medication administration record
- Providing chronic and emergency care
- Other duties as assigned
- Current and valid New Jersey License in Respiratory Therapy is required
- Graduate of an Accredited Respiratory Therapy Program
- Critical Care experience is preferred
- CPR/BLS Certification by American Heart Association is required within six (6) months of hire
- Computer skills are required
- Flexible schedule
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.