About Hackensack Meridian Health
Hackensack Meridian Health nurses care for patients and their families at every stage of life, 24 hours a day, at bedsides in 9 community hospitals, 4 academic medical centers, a behavioral health hospital, 2 children's hospitals, 2 rehabilitation hospitals, medical offices, and care facilities across the state.
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
Hackensack Meridian Health is one of the most recognized health care networks in the country for nursing excellence with 7 Magnet designations. In joining our nursing team, you'll work with collaborative colleagues, who are pushing each other - and patient care - to keep getting better.
What makes a successful Registered Nurse - Preop/Recovery - F/T - Days at Hackensack Meridian Health? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Requisition # 2023-132392
- Shift Day
- Status Full Time with Benefits
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are
team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of
A day in the life of a Registered Nurse at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Delivery of nursing practices according to the most up-to-date evidence-based research, nursing policies, and standards of care, to provide and ensure safe and excellent delivery of individualized patient care
- Ongoing communication with patients, nursing colleagues and other members of the health care team regarding patient's status, rendered care and treatment plans
- Medication administration utilizing the newest advancements in bar-scanning and documentation technologies designed to ensure the safest delivery of medications to our patients
- Ongoing Point-of-Care electronic documentation of each individual patient's assessments, plan-of-care, interventions and evaluation of rendered care
- Patient and family centered education aimed at optimizing health, wellness and disease management
- Multi-disciplinary discharging of patients to ensure safe transitioning and continuum of care
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License is required
- BSN in progress and/or willing to acquire within three (3) years of hire
- Must have six (6) or more months of relevant nursing experience OR must be an active participant with Hackensack Meridian Health's Nurse Residency Program.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
- BLS/CPR certification by the American Heart Association is required within 60 days of hire.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
collaborative work environment
compassionate nursing culture
substantial tuition reimbursement
Gossar Assistant Nurse Manager, Critical Care Unit
Southern Ocean Medical Center
To be a newer nurse and become an assistant manager of a critical care unit speaks to the opportunities Hackensack Meridian Health can provide. Also, the teamwork and team members I have been exposed to here are second to none."
NURSING ANNUAL REPORT
Check out our latest Nursing Annual Report to learn more about the achievements of our nursing team.
Nursing with us
Be part of an exceptional and nationally recognized network, where nurses are ready to provide the care patients need to keep getting better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health, our integrated nursing team is ready to provide the highest level of care each and every day.
Our event opportunities allow teammates alternate ways of meeting and collaborating, which builds a sense of belonging.
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Ob/Gyn Physician - Deal LakeHMHMG SPECIALTY CARE 570 Asbury Park, New Jersey
Medical Assistant-Oncology Medical SpecialistHMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Medical Receptionist- Oncology (Physician Practice)HMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Teacher of Social Studies - Full TimeEAST MOUNTAIN SCHOOL Belle Mead, New Jersey
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.