Home Care Registered Nurse
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health, our nursing teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of nursing services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Visiting Health Services of New Jersey (VHSNJ), a partnership between Hackensack Meridian Health and St. Joseph's Health, provides a comprehensive continuum of home health care and hospice services, support, and resources to patients and families in Passaic, Bergen, and parts of Morris counties. The VHSNJ multi-disciplinary clinical and support teams provide high quality care to patient’s where they most want to be-in their homes.
At Visiting Health Services of New Jersey and Hackensack Meridian Health, we recognize our clinicians by offering a Total Rewards package including:
Comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401k match and Tuition Reimbursement.
- The responsibilities of the GIP Registered Nurse Hospice includes:
- General Inpatient Patient care
- Caring for terminally ill patients and their families in a hospital, home, Nursing Homes and Assisted Living setting.
- Hospital liaison to include networking with patient, families and hospital staff.
- The RN assesses and evaluates care needs and assist Hospice Patients and their families with the Hospice admission process.
- Registered Nurse is responsible for professional nursing care to patients in the current setting by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating care needs in individual and continuing basis of assigned patients in keeping with agency policies and procedures and external regulations.
- Caring for the immediate needs of the Hospice Patient and their families.
- Developing a plan of care to meet those needs.
- Medication reconciliation and education.
- Communication to the Hospice team all findings and needs.
- Work well with the interdisciplinary team
- Work well with the terminally ill and their self-appointed families
- Medication Management skills
- Flexibility with working with patients and families in creating individualized plans of care to meet patient and family needs.
- In this role, you will assess patients for the general inpatient level of hospice care.
- You will communicate effectively with the hospital staff to provide high quality patient care and educate them, as needed, about hospice general inpatient requirements.
- You will work with patients and families to discuss the benefits of hospice, admit patients to hospice and work with discharge planners, as appropriate, to determine what care can be managed at home.
- All GIP nurses are responsible for floating as needed to other hospitals within the northern part of the system. Occasional home visits may also be required.
RN license in the state of New Jersey
- Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing
- BSN preferred
- Must Have NJ Drivers license with an available registered and insured vehicle
- (BLS) Basic Life Support
- (CPR) Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- 2 yrs med/surg, acute care or long term care experience required
- Home Care or Hospice experience a plus.
- IV certification a plus, experience with the management of Central line preferred.
- Excellent communication and strong clinical assessment skills.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.