Records Coordinator, ICD
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Responsible for the Institute of Child Development's medical records at the Don Imus, WFAN Pediatric Center, maintains files in one central location, and assists with all general support staff duties.
1. Responds to the requests for records from the Board of Education, physicians, hospitals, agencies, individuals, locates charts, and photocopies appropriate reports.
2. Files incoming medical records, telephone contacts, and therapy notes in patient's charts.
3. Locates patient charts for staff members.
4. Organizes and maintains all inactive and active therapy charts, and files them appropriately.
5. Coordinates the purging of designated files, arranges their shipment to archives maintains location of archived ICD charts, and retrieves ICD charts when requested.
6. Provides diagnostic information to the insurance companies for reimbursement purposes.
7. Trains assistant in record's room to perform various tasks.
8. Obtains information for clinicians through computer when needed.
9. Translates clinical evaluations, therapy sessions, notices and letters, and conferences with parents/guardians and school personnel as needed.
10. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.