How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Reception Coordinator welcomes all guests and coordinates the flow of patients.
A day in the life of a Reception Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Acting as a liaison for centralized complaints and utilizing innovative and analytical skills for problem solving and notifying appropriate supervisor or manager of issues as they arise to assure patient satisfaction.
- Referring patients, patient’s families and visitors to appropriate services and resources.
- Overseeing reception area and coordinates initial patient flow.
- Coordinating additions to daily schedule and notifying appropriate areas/personnel within the department.
- Triaging patients to the appropriate areas, directing patients to exam rooms and escorting to exam rooms.
- Answering phones and directing calls to proper department or personnel.
- Lifting a minimum of 2 lbs., pushing and pulling a minimum of 10 lbs. and standing a minimum of 8 hours a day.
- Identifying the needs of the patient population served and modifying and delivering care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adhering to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- Having regular contact with Medical Center personnel, patients and visitors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Previous clerical and reception experience is required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.