Radiologic Technologist I
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Radiologic Technologist I is responsible for obtaining diagnostic radiographic examination at a technical level not requiring constant supervision and performs all of the essential generic job functions as listed below.
***This is a Part-Time, evening shift position.
1. Produces diagnostic radiographic examinations by positioning patients, providing immobilization devices, selection proper technical factors based on individual patient needs. Select and operate equipment as required for specific procedures.
2. Restricts radiation beam through cone and collimating devices to provide non-exposure of radiation to unaffected parts of the patient.
3. Performs portable x-ray examinations in patient rooms, operating rooms and emergency room.
4. Follows operational procedure to identify patient's films with name and x-ray number, correctly mark film as to side of the patient taken.
5. Develops exposed x-ray film by processing methods available.
6. Completes patient requisitions with technologist initials, date, number, and size of film.
7. Maintains orderly x-ray room as directed by the head of the department.
8. Prepares radiopaque contrast media and assists physician in administering radiopaque mixtures to patient.
9. Performs administrative duties related to scheduling appointments, patient's instruction, film filing, maintenance of records, reception of patients and other administrative duties as required.
10. Renders services and/or assistance to all patients depending on the individual patient's needs and abilities in moving, turning, getting on and off the x-ray tables, etc.
11. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
12. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Completion of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
3. Completion of clinical and A.R.R.T. requirements.
4. Upon completion of this school for Radiologic Technology.
5. Applicant must be able to meet the requirements for the National Registry and pass such examination.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Diagnostic Radiography License.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.