How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
The Psychology Intern provides treatment to patients utilizing a variety of modalities as a member of the clinical treatment team of the assigned unit. This position also coordinates the care and management of patients and family members as well as bringing cases to final disposition.
A day in the life of a Psychology Intern at Hackensack Meridian Health:
- Initially observes and then performs specialized psychosocial evaluations for children and parents in cases of intra-familial maltreatment and non-familial sexual assault.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in use and interpretation of appropriate assessment tools and the subsequent integration into the formulation of a diagnostic impression.
- Provides child and family therapy for victims of child maltreatment.
- Organizes and co-facilitates group therapy for the victims and families of child maltreatment.
- Provides supervision of therapeutic visitation program for non-custodial parents restricted from unsupervised contact with children.
- Provides case management and coordination with DYFS to facilitate child and family services.
- Works collaboratively with county Multidisciplinary Team approach with DYFS, Prosecutor's Office, Office of Victim Witness, Law Enforcement, medical providers, mental health providers and Department of Human Services.
- Provides written assessments, report addendum, court letters and case related correspondence in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides collateral contact with clients as needed.
- Provides crisis intervention and emergency services to victims as needed.
- Attends weekly supervision with Clinical Supervisor: Licensed Psychologist.
- Attends weekly Intern Seminars to enhance knowledge and skills in work with child maltreatment issues.
- Attends staff meetings as required with Supervising Psychologist and Clinical Staff.
- Provides effective treatment to patients, whether assessment or therapy, and shares and interprets information to staff, families, and/or other approved agencies.
- Completes written reports in a timely fashion as required.
- Provides individual and psychotherapeutic services in accordance with current standards of practice, as developed by professional and licensing organizations, and defined and interpreted by supervisor.
- Integrates discharge planning into ongoing treatment to assure a continuity of care for patient upon completion of treatment.
- Functions collaboratively with treatment team members to enhance service to patients.
- Maintains patient records as required by law and Medical Center policy.
- Assists other mental health professionals in expediting emergencies and/or functions as co-therapist in special situations.
- Provides a comprehensive assessment of patient's psychosocial needs, develops treatment plans and treatment plan reviews based on findings and according to department policy.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Delivers and documents all care in an efficient and productive manner.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Enrolled in Doctoral degree program in psychology or related field.
- Maintain professional competencies through attendance at workshops, training seminars, conferences or graduate education.
- Trained in individual and group psychotherapy techniques.
- Knowledge of psychopathology and differential diagnosis and treatment techniques.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.