Project Coordinator, Operations
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Project Coordinator, Operations reports to the EVP/Chief Operating Officer (EVP/COO) and is responsible for coordinating, monitoring and executing all special projects undertaken by the office of the EVP/COO. Coordinates and facilitates all special project management related duties and responsibilities to support the Office of the Chief Operating Officer.
1. Coordinates large and small-scale projects, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Prepares presentations and reports showing project status and results.
2. Assists the EVP/COO in the preparation of the annual budget for all business units under the EVP/COO. Consolidates all budget items into one report and prepares power point presentation to support budget request.
3. Researches and creates presentations to support strategic and operational initiatives on behalf the EVP/COO.
4. Reviews the EVP/COO department's monthly responsibility summaries to ensure department's revenue and expenses are aligned with yearly cost projections and budget. Prepares reports to a. EVP/COO outlining revenue and expense status and indicating problem areas.
5. Attends meetings of the Operations and Budget committees, as directed by the EVP/COO. Responsible for tracking and reporting on the ongoing activities of these teams.
6. Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations, preparing and completing action plans and monitors and communicates follow-through with assigned executives/individual leaders
7. Coordinates financial performance of the EVP/COO department by communicating requirements, tracking budget expenditures, and compiling corrective action plans.
8. May assist the President's office in preparing presentations for meetings, as requested.
9. Conducts administrative support to EVP/COO to maintain department operations, such as scheduling appointments and meetings, screening calls, maintaining inventory, ordering supplies, preparing correspondence, composing memos, etc.
10. Develops, maintains and monitors a detailed project schedule which lists all projects under taken by the EVP/COO office and all executives involved in the project. Tracks activities against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports, as appropriate.
11. Gathers, synthesizes and consolidates materials for distribution to internal and external audiences, such as Board members.
12. Assists in handling Physician issues and complaints on behalf of the EVP/COO. May occasionally deal with patient complaints that come through EVP/COO's office.
13. Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and reviews actions where these deviate from agreed tolerances with line manager. Ensures that deliverables are implemented within these criteria.
14. Assists the COO in preparing PowerPoint presentations and other materials for the management meeting.
15. Accountable for routine and recurring operational reports.
16. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
17. Lifts a minimum of 10lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 15lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
18. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
1. Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years working for a top level executive or equivalent years of experience.
2. Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a related field.
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel skill required, including pivot tables. Proficient in Power Point and Word, Microsoft Project and Visio.
4. Experience working in a complex and matrix office environment, working with senior leadership, board members, and outside community leaders.
5. Excellent communication skills.
6. Project management skills.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
1. Relevant business experience with project management responsibilities with at least 3 years working for a top level executive.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.