Project Coordinator, Behavioral Intervention
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
This is a full time position on an NIH-funded research team housed within the Cancer Prevention and Control (CPC) program at HackensackUMC. The Project Coordinator will oversee and be responsible for the day-to-day operations of a multi-site behavioral intervention trial, working closely with the principal investigator at HackensackUMC and the site PI/Co-Investigator and her team at Georgetown University Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center. This individual will also oversee the work of a research staff completing study-related activities at HackensackUMC. Because this is a grant-funded project, the position is dependent on the availability of grant funds.
A day in the life of Project Coordinator, Behavioral Intervention at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Responsible for overseeing work of Research Assistants and other study staff as they complete the day-to-day tasks at HackensackUMC, including tasks associated with identifying potential participants, scheduling screening and enrollment activities, obtaining consent, administering measurement protocols, and ensuring participant retention.
- Serves as the main liaison with other funded sites and offsite collaborators to coordinate activities across sites.
- Leads, with oversight by the PI, development, distribution of a procedure manual, ensuring sites have updated procedures, and ensuring protocol adherence and quality.
- Assists with obtaining IRB approval and with maintaining that approval (e.g., submitting modifications and annual renewals).
- Acts as liaison and helps organize communications and activities involving study advisory board and software development team.
- May assist with qualitative and quantitative data analyses.
- Monitors study sites to ensure their study team members are properly applying approved protocols for monitoring the well-being of research participants.
- Ensures proper reporting and recording of study accrual, retention, and adverse events affecting study participants.
- Works with data management team to facilitate data entry and management, preparation for data analyses, and routine data quality assurance procedures. Helps resolve discrepancies.
- Oversees preparing and organizing study records, scheduling meetings, and working with a study Research Assistant to prepare and distribute meeting minutes and to track completion of actions identified in meetings.
- Oversees payment, tracking, and documentation of patient study incentives.
- Oversees completion of administrative tasks by Research Assistants.
- Assists with ensuring project stays within budget.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Experience with behavioral human subjects research.
- Experience overseeing the work of Research Assistants and other study staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make good administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to work independently to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with persons ranging from leaders of national organizations, senior faculty, fellow RAs and patients.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience conducting qualitative research and analyzing data.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.