How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Program Dietitian is assigned to specific cost centers, programs or projects to provide nutrition services compatible with established standards of practices and in compliance with state and federal regulations. This position coordinates with management and appropriate staff to promote a positive image of HackensackUMC as an expert leader in the area of Nutrition.
A day in the life of a Program Dietitian at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Utilizes validated sources on the internet and in print for information regarding diets, nutrition, therapeutic treatments, and consumer trends to improve services and propose new initiatives related to nutrition scope of practice to promote well being for clients/consumers and maintain HackensackUMC cutting edge image, in consultation with management.
2. Serves as public relations spokesperson and media representative for nutrition related topics.
3. Serves as nutrition expert consultant for requested medical center programs.
4. Plans and executes (organizes, coordinates and delivers) nutrition related education and training programs for HackensackUMC staff and others.
5. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of nutrition education and training.
6. Assists in the development and implementation of dietetic standards of practice.
7. Assists in the development of job performance standards.
8. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
9. Reads patient medical record and extracts information pertinent to nutritional assessment.
10. Visits and interviews patients and/or significant other in assigned area.
11. Interprets physicians' diet orders as received and initiates the diet plan as prescribed.
12. Develops, documents, implements and evaluates a nutrition care plan, based on the assessment of nutritional needs, for all patients where such need is indicated.
13. Counsels patients and/or family members on dietary plan, principles of nutrition, food selection and adaptation of plans to meet established life styles.
14. Develops, implements and evaluates educational programs for patient and staff education
15. Confers with nutrition assistants regarding accurate modification of patients' menus as needed.
16. Evaluates food needs of homebound clients and makes recommendations to caregivers.
17. Evaluates food distribution for conformance to dietary prescriptions and quality standards.
18. Travels within the medical center campus and to off-site locations. 19. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Master's degree in nutrition or dietetics or related field from an accredited institution, meeting the didactic requirements of the American Dietetic Association.
2. Computer Literacy, with proficiency in Power point, Excel, and MSWord or equivalents.
3. 5 years of varied professional experience in clinical nutrition.
4. Ability and willingness to travel.
5. At least 1 late night per month and adult/pediatric coverage
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Acute care clinical experience.
2. Working knowledge of CBORD, IDX Lastword, HealthTouch, EPIC.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Registered Dietician License.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.