Pre-Anesthetic Evaluation Associate - Full Time - Day
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
The Preadmission Evaluation (PAE) Associate coordinates all the essential functions, that support the clerical, operational and administrative responsible of PreAdmission Evaluation Services.
- Completes (write) all forms, lists and correspondence necessary for the daily functioning of the department.
- Collects all pertinent patient data (clinical, consent, medical clearance, etc.) and produce a completed chart 48 hours in advance of admission or pre-admission.
- Initiates appropriate phone calls to surgeons/PCP when PAT results are missing, incomplete or abnormal results are noted.
- Ensures that all required documents (H&P’s medical clearance, etc.) are accurately documented on checklist and in chart and sent to appropriate Points of Service (SAS, CAS, CDAR, etc.) prior to admission.
- Develops and maintains surgical list of all patients expected for surgery at the 24 hour mark along with the appropriate documentation.
- Checks all notice received via computer (cancellations, date changes, PAT changes).
- Provides information/answers questions regarding admission and PAT testing and refers to R.N. when necessary for clinically related information
- Receives and maintains log of all MD PAT and other documents brought to, faxed to or picked up from drop box to Admission Services Center, in absence of clerk.
- Maintains departmental files, H&P file, cancel file and daily document file.
- Ensures that the PAE department operates with minimal interruption to its timely work flow.
- Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 300 lbs., and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months general office experience.
- Business school graduate. (Preferred)
- Experience in the health care field. (Preferred)
- Knowledge of CRT, data entry (types 30 wpm) and medical terminology.(Preferred)
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.