Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Immunology
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Immunology will work under the guidance of Member Scientist to prepare the characterization of T lymphocytes data for presentations, progress reports, and the preparation of manuscripts and posters. The Postdoc Rsch Fllw Immunology will also perform cell cultures and FACS/flow cytometry of cells and tissues from genetically modified mouse models.
A day in the life of Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Immunology at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Perform Nextgen sequencing library preparations for whole-genome and whole epigenome analyses.
- Perform cell culture and FACS/flow cytometry of cells and tissues from genetically modified mouse models.
- Interpret the resulting data and prepare or contribute to initial drafts of scientific manuscripts, both as primary author for new projects and co-author for helping other lab members in completing existing projects.
- Present experimental results at lab meetings and seminars.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ph.D. Biology or biology-related area from an accredited institution.
- Expertise in cell culture, cell engineering, flow cytometry, rodent handling, and basic cellular and molecular biology techniques.
- Show evidence of scientific productivity and writing skills, documented by authorship in publications.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Preferred laboratory methodologies include advanced knowledge in molecular biology, that in hematopoietic stem cells, specific knowledge in T lymphocyte biology, and/or the ability to use bioinformatics algorithms to process next generation sequencing data.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.