How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
To perform plumbing tasks on all hospital piping systems.
A day in the life of a Plumber at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Performs repairs on water and steam supply lines, drain lines, plumbing fixtures, and domestic hot water equipment.
- Remove blockages, fix leaks, install/replace piping.
- Utilizes electrical and mechanical tools, hand tools, ladders, scaffolds, lifts gauges, meters, etc. to perform required work.
- Performs other duties of Plant Operations as requested.
- Maintains all plumbing power tools and hand tools in good condition.
- Responsible for shop neatness.
- Reads blue prints/specifications on hospital piping systems and discusses with Coordinator or Building Infrastructure Supervisor.
- Maintains areas undergoing plumbing work in a 'broom clean' condition.
- Trade or vocational High School with courses related to the plumbing field.
- Successfully completed plumbing journeymen training and/or experience in industry as a plumber.
- Stands, walks, lifts, carries, pushes and pulls material and equipment weighing up to 80 lbs. occasionally works on ladders or underground in pipe tunnel.
- Changing depending on job; dirt, dust, fumes, grease, water, steam and various Plant Operational compounds.
- Works inside and outside on wet surfaces.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.