To perform plumbing tasks on all hospital piping systems.
- Performs repairs on water and steam supply lines, drain lines, plumbing fixtures, and domestic hot water equipment.
- Remove blockages, fix leaks, install/replace piping.
- Utilizes electrical and mechanical tools, hand tools, ladders, scaffolds, lifts gauges, meters, etc. to perform required work.
- Performs other duties of Plant Operations as requested.
- Maintains all plumbing power tools and hand tools in good condition. Responsible for shop neatness.
- Reads blue prints/specifications on hospital piping systems and discusses with Coordinator or Building Infrastructure Supervisor.
- Maintains areas undergoing plumbing work in a 'broom clean' condition.
- Trade or vocational High School with courses related to the plumbing field.
- Successfully completed plumbing journeymen training and/or experience in industry as a plumber.
- Stands, walks, lifts, carries, pushes and pulls material and equipment weighing up to 80 lbs. occasionally works on ladders or underground in pipe tunnel.
- Changing depending on job; dirt, dust, fumes, grease, water, steam and various Plant Operational compounds.
- Works inside and outside on wet surfaces.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.