How have you impacted someone’s life today?
At VHS At Home we take exceptional pride in our work and are passionate about delivering the highest quality of clinical care. Applying innovative services within the comforts of patient’s homes, VHS At Home is changing the way home care is delivered. Our physical therapists deliver advanced clinical care to patients who return to their homes following hospitalization or to those requiring assistance to remain in the comfort and security of their home due to an illness, injury or disability.
A day in the life of Physical Therapist at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- A focus on restoring function, activities of daily living, fine motor skills/coordination, cognitive functioning and preventing further disability as a result of trauma, disease, amputation, congenital defects, surgery and other debilitating illnesses.
- Gathering all information necessary to properly evaluate the patient’s needs, including testing and consultations with other health care professionals, as appropriate.
- Incorporating evaluative findings in establishing time-oriented functional and measurable short and long-term goals, while considering both the patient’s and caregiver’s goals in the formulation of the plan of care.
- Developing a rapport and mutual respect with the patient/caregiver, as well as team members, to foster an optimum environment in support of goal achievement.
- Recommends and provides education related to utilization of appropriate therapy equipment (i.e. assistive devices, taping, bracing).
- Provides and documents education to patients/caregivers based upon identified learning needs in an understandable manner
- current and valid New Jersey physical therapy license is required
- CPR certification by American Heart Association is preferred
- Computer skills required
- Bilingual preferred
- Must have a valid NJ driver license and an insured vehicle
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.