Pharmacy Per Diem
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Pharmacy Per Diem is responsible for the dispensing and monitoring of medication therapy in accordance with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Complies with all state and federal regulations and Medical Center policies and procedures relating to drug dispensing, including appropriate handling of drug products, adherence to security procedures, and completion of necessary documentation. This includes appropriate control and dispensing of controlled dangerous substances and investigational drugs.
- Reviews and dispenses medication orders and clarifies any and all potential problems with orders.
- Monitors patient drug therapy regimens for allergies, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, and potential adverse reactions.
- Prepares admixtures using aseptic technique (e.g., IV solutions, TPN, chemotherapy).
- Performs assigned unit inspections to assure proper maintenance and storage of medication supplies, including emergency drug supplies.
- Oversees activities of ancillary personnel (Pharmacy Technicians and Assistant/Couriers).
- Employs principles of safe medication practice as dictated by departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.) This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developing/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Centers Organizational Competencies.
- Graduate of an APCE accredited school of pharmacy, or equivalent, with a minimum of a BS degree in Pharmacy is required
- 1-2 years of hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Knowledge of unit dose dispensing and principles of aseptic technique and related computer applications preferred
- NJ Licensed Registered Pharmacist required
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.