Patient Care Associate - High Risk Antepartum -Part time Nights - Benefits
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Patient Care Associate provides direct patient care under the direction of the RN professional to all assigned patients and maintains a safe patient area. This role also supplies clerical support for this patient population. He/She assumes responsibility and accountability for patient care as a team member in order to achieve established outcomes.
- Provides hygiene and comfort care to patients including bathing, toileting/diapering, feeding and bed making.
- Takes vital signs under the direction of the RN and documents electronically according to Medical Center policy, reporting results to RN.
- Performs and documents glucose finger stick/heel stick and collects other specimens including stool, urine and sputum when directed by the RN.4. Observes and documents patients intake and output.
- Maintains BLS certification and initiates interventions in emergent situations.
- Assists with patient transport to and from the unit/department
- Provides a safe patient environment by answering all call lights promptly, communicating with the RN immediately for any changes in patient condition.
- Acts in the patient sitter role when needed.
- Monitors inventory, orders supplies and equipment and procures all items as needed using established channels.
- Performs A/D/T functions and patient charge entries.
- Initiates, and maintains patients medical record in accordance with established policies.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and with the professional nurse modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.: age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired).
- Communicates with patients and primary caregivers at their level of understanding14. Adheres to the standards in the Medical Centers Organizational Competencies and Code of Conduct.
- Performs other appropriate duties of the department at the request of the Nurse
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Certified Nursing Assistant and/or nursing student enrolled in a BSN program who has successfully completed theoretical and clinical practical in fundamentals of nursing in nursing school.
Licenses and Certifications Required: 1. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.