Patient Account Representative
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Patient Account Representative at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Supports the reduction of Accounts Receivables by reviewing open accounts, and obtaining payment status via payer websites or by contacting payers by phone.
- Correspondence response, rebilling, certain denial issues and daily reconciliation of activities.
- Meets established productivity and quality guidelines to ensure timely and accurate reimbursement for all billed charges.
- Reducing AR aging within assigned payer and assigned section of the AR.
- Making certain that the hospital receives all monies due in a timely manner.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 1 year experience in healthcare patient financial services.
- 2 -3 years medical healthcare business office setting.
- Proficiency and use of the following: computers, printers, faxes, calculators, various computer programs.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to staff, customers, providers and consultants.
- Skills needed include multitasking, time management, organization, and computer skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Billing and collection functions.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.