How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
To paint and redecorate walls, ceilings, woodwork, furniture and fixtures.
A day in the life of a Painter at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- May perform any or all of the following: Install boarders and all types of wall coverings from paper to fabric, tape and spackle newly installed sheetrock from start to finish coat, repair damaged sheetrock and plaster walls, do freehand high-lighting, shading, and counter-shading; refinish furniture and fixtures and cabinets.
- Spreads cloth or canvas over floors and furniture to protect them from spattered paint.
- Maintains tools, shop and work areas in good order.
- Must be capable of working independently in all aspects of the painting trade.
- Must be willing to work whatever shift is necessary in order to meet hospital demands.
- Performs other duties of Plant Operations as requested.
- Works with paintbrushes, roller, spray guns, wire brushes, ladder, sanding machines, and drop cloths perform these tasks.
- Examines surface peculiarities and determines types of paint required for different applications.
- Smoothes surfaces, using sandpaper, wire brushes, or steel wool.
- Removes old paint from surfaces, using paint remover, scrapers, or wire brushes to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with putty, plaster, or other filler.
- Selects premixed paints or prepares paint to match specified colors by blending and mixing required proportions of surfaces, using brushes, spray gun, or paint roller.
- Create special effects by applying paint with cloth, brush, sponge, or fingers.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 3-5 years in related work.
- Stands, walks, reaches most of the day and handles light and medium weight tools, objects and equipment, occasionally moves heavy equipment up to 80 lbs., works on ladders and scaffolds.
- Changing depending on job; heat, cold, dust, fumes.
- Knowledge of equipment, materials, methods, practices and tools used in painting trade.
- Ability to apply different kinds of paints and stains.
- Knowledge and ability to mix paint and match colors.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.