How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Outpatient/Reservation Specialist is responsible for the daily registration, pre-certification and insurance verification under the direction of the supervisor of Ambulatory Registration.
1. Implements the Medical Center's pre-registration, pre-certification, referral procurement and insurance verification policies and procedures for the assigned ambulatory point of service.
2. Captures and enters appropriate documentation of patient registration and demographic information in the patient accounting system to maximize billing accuracy.
3. Complies with the department's patient financial responsibility collection policies.
4. Provides patients with appropriate administrative information.
5. Participates in audits of registrar accuracy and efficiency as it relates to accurate collection of insurance information and reimbursement.
6. Participates in coding, scheduling, or related activities as required.
7. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
8. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. 1-3 years prior experience in a medical office.
3. Bachelor's degree may be substituted for some of the required experience.
4. Proficient PC skills.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.