Operating Room Endoscopy Technician
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The OR Endoscopy Technician is responsible to coordinate and implement the endoscopy maintenance/cleaning program for Peri-Operative Services and provides back up to Central Processing Department as needed.
A day in the life of a OR Endoscopy Technician at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):
1. Maintains endoscopy equipment.
2. Transfers equipment using proper body mechanics.
3. Assists Central Processing Department as needed and performs the role of 7385 Central supply Technician as needed.
4. Maintains performance improvement measures for endoscopy in Perioperative Department.
5. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and or /visual impaired, etc.)This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or primary caregiver at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.) 6. Adheres to the standard identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
7. Gets competency tool completed when learning a new modality.
Reprocessing Scopes Job Function:
1. Adheres to policy and procedure for reprocessing scopes and the manufacturer's recommendations.
2. Wears PPE including gown, gloves and mask.
3. Leak Testing.
4. Manual cleaning
5. High Level disinfection.
6. Changing filters.
7. Keeps logs up to date.
8. Recognizes need to order cleaning supplies.
9. Lets the charge nurse know of any problems with the reprocessing process.
10. Calls equipment tech support as needed.
11. Sends scopes out for repairs when necessary.
12. Aware of the potential for exposure to hazardous materials. Knows where to find the MSDS for such materials and takes precautions.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Training in endoscopic equipment cleaning process.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. 1-2 years of experience as Endoscopy Technician.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Certified Registered Central Service Technician.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. Certified Endoscope Reprocesssor.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.