Occ Health RN Supervisor-Occupational Health
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Occupational Health Registered Nurse Supervisor is responsible for the delivery of nursing care within Occupational Health for internal and external customers. Coordinates health care provided by paraprofessional staff (CMAs, radiology technicians) with a focus on quality outcomes and in collaboration with the site Provider(s). Provides professional assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care. Functions in a supervisory role at designated site in addition to supporting additional site supervision during peer PTO.
A day in the life of an Occupational Health Registered Nurse Supervisor at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assesses team members/customers with work related injury or illness.
- Manage team member(s) health surveillance/problems post exposure.
- Seek support from site CM, Provider(s), & Leader as needed. 3. Performs clinical care professionally and serves as customer advocate and role model to other team members.
- Identifies customer needs and works to provide services to meet those needs on an ongoing basis.
- Assists with preparing new hires in their respective role within department by facilitating effective orientation and assessing competency.
- Utilizes team approach in orientation of new team members and provides key experiences to prepare the team member for independent performance of essential job functions.
- Collects data about contact requirements and service components, reviews flow/encounter form to ensure adequate capture of essential information and reviews with other team members promptly. 8. Uses Company profile effectively to coordinate services.
- Communicates effectively with company contact to eliminate any problems
- Reviews Patient Satisfaction Surveys with Team Members. Implements action plans as necessary.
- Participates in the delivery of cost effective, budget conscious care. Conducts operation with budgetary guidelines.
- Reviews monthly expense reports / bills and verifies charges are appropriate.
- Conducts initial assessment of cases/exposures and notifies the RN/LPN case manager regarding cases transferred to him/her for management.
- Evaluates effectiveness of case management interventions for non-complex cases in collaboration with the RN/LPN case manager.
- In consultation with the RN/LPN case manager regularly reviews and monitors the progress of team members who are being treated for complex work related injuries.
- Oversees clinical areas. Ensures accuracy of functions; patient intake, care coordination, documentation, exam room preparation, compliance and inventory management.
- Acts as a resource in the clinical area.
- Assists with the payroll process by ensuring team members payroll hours are accurate.
- Maintains accurate team member records for annual educational requirements and certification.
- Completes team member introductory and annual performance reviews.
- Maintains documentation in team member files to facilitate accurate performance assessment and guidance.
- Participates in team member disciplinary actions.
- Assists with quality indicator reports.
- Assists as requested with report preparation; e.g. expense variances, overtime explanations and revenue,
- Responds to requests for data from regulatory agency surveys (example TJC, DOH, etc) and ensures compliance as assigned by Leader and/or Director.
- Collects data requested for regulatory agency inspections promptly and accurately as assigned by Leader, or Director.
- Works in collaboration with the Occupational health provider, Infection Control, Risk Management and department leaders in the event of an Occupational Exposure.
- Provides timely & effective communication regarding TM incidents and workplace safety.
- Conducts all required surveillance measures in the event of an occupational team member exposure.
- Maintains documentation for all communicable disease exposures for quarterly reporting to Infection Control.
- Responsible for maintaining Sharp Injury and OSHA logs for Internal customers assigned to OH site.
- Markets the services of the site and looks for opportunity to direct business to Hackensack Meridian services.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. 31. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience required
- Strong organizational and computer skills required
- Proven leadership abilities required
- BSN preferred
- Occupational Health nursing experience preferred
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License required.
- Basic Life Support required
- National Nursing certification, preferably in Occupational Health preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.