Nutrition Support Dietitian
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Nutrition Support Dietitian is responsible for the nutritional management of critical care patients. This position is assigned to any ICU or critical care unit to provide nutritional services compatible with established standards of practice and incompliance with state and federal regulations.
A day in the life of a Nutrition Support Dietitian at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.) This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
2. Obtains and interprets nutritionally related information in terms of patient needs, utilizing knowledge of growth and development, and an understanding of the range of treatment needed by patients over the age span from neonates to geriatrics.
3. Instructs patients / significant others on TPN, PNN, external feedings, and other therapeutic diets as prescribed by the physician / team and provides follow-ups as needed.
4. Documents pertinent nutrition information in patients' medical charts
5. Writes orders for TP and all additives.
6. Trains physician and patient care personnel.
7. Assists with the management of diet offices and coordinates with appropriate personnel.
8. Performs work related functions in an environment that could result in exposure to infectious patients, materials and hazardous substances.
9. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. BS degree in nutrition or dietetics from an accredited institution meeting the didactic requirements of the AND.
2. At least 3 years of acute care clinical experience.
3. Computer Literacy.
4. Registration with the AND.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Computer proficiency in a Windows environment; working knowledge of CBORD and IDX Lastword.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Certified Nutrition Support Clinician.
2. Registered Dietician License.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.