Nursing Assistant Oncology
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Nursing Assistant provides direct patient care under the direction of the RN professional to all assigned patients, and maintains a safe patient area. He/she assumes responsibility and accountability for patient care as a team member in order to achieve established outcomes.
A day in the life of a Nursing Assistant at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
1. Provides direct hygiene and comfort care to patients including bathing, toileting, oral hygiene, incontinent care, and bed making.
2. Takes vital signs under the direction of the RN, and documents accordingly on appropriate flow sheets, and notifies the RN of the results.
3. Performs and documents glucose finger sticks and collects other specimens including stool, urine, and sputum.
4. Obtains and documents daily patient weights and observes and documents patient's intake and output.
5. Provides a safe patient environment by answering call lights promptly, communicating with the RN immediately for any change in patient's condition.
6. Acts in the role of patient sitter.
7. Maintains a clean and safe nursing unit and patient room
8. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
9. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Certified Nursing and/or nursing student enrolled in a BSN program who has successfully completed theoretical and clinical practical in fundamentals of nursing in nursing school.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.