Neuropsychologist Childrens Cancer Institute Peds Dept HUMC
Assumes the role and responsibility of a Psychologist II (Neuropsychologist); functions as a member of both the Children’s Cancer Institute and Department of Pediatrics. Performs the scope of duties and responsibilities listed below in accordance with the American Psychological Association and New Jersey Board of Psychological Examiners guideline. Provides diagnostic and treatment services for pediatric populations.
This is a full time role at HackensackUMC for the Children's Cancer Institute of the Dept of Peds.
- Selects and administers neuropsychological and psychological test batteries and interprets findings to patients, families, and referring physicians and agencies within HIPAA guidelines.
- Provides consultative psychology services (i.e., psychotherapy, consultation, cognitive remediation/educational intervention) and advocates for appropriate resources for clients and families based on assessed needs in accordance with professionally accepted standards including the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of DSM disorders and aspects of the psychological adaptation of patients and their families.
- Provides effective, evidence-based psychological interventions through identification of the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers a system of care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.) This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Completes written reports and psychotherapy notes in a timely fashion.
- Serves as a member of the psychology section and an interdisciplinary team member.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with other staff members, referral sources and social support networks to provide optimal care and coordination across evaluation and treatment services for clients and families.
- Conducts clinical research as a member of the Children’s Oncology Group as well as the Research Department within the Department of Pediatrics.
- Teaches/supervises psychology externs and other students and medical residents.
- Attends Pediatric and Psychiatry Grand Rounds for on-going and continuing education.
- Presents periodic inservices to staff.
- Contributes to development of new programs and participates in grant proposals as needed.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center’s organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Assumes the duties and responsibilities of a psychologist, as prescribed by training and standards and delineated by the Medical Staff appointment.
- Lifts a minimum of 10 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 10 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Doctoral Degree in Psychology or related field.
- Completion of neuropsychology fellowship.
- Appointed to the Medical Staff.
- Licenses and Certifications Required: NJ Psychologist License
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.