- Requisition # 2023-132209
- StatusFull Time with Benefits
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The MRI Technologist is responsible for producing diagnostic images using MRI technology.
A day in the life of a MRI Technologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Reviews patient's chart and/or physician order to determine optimal imaging parameters for suspected pathology.
- Selects Proper Imaging Coil for study.
- Performs imaging studies using proper scanning techniques and protocols.
- Works with physicians to optimize MRI sequences to produce the highest quality MRI image.
- Administers contrast media following MRI dept protocols
- Verifies pregnancy status, when appropriate.
- Obtains MRI consent documentation when appropriate.
- Determines whether the patient has been appropriately prepared for the procedure.
- Documents diagnostic and patient data in the appropriate record.
- Performs post-processing techniques to optimize imaging or study. 11. Draws up sterile contrast media and other solutions following hospital approved infection control guidelines
- Administers emergency care including performing CPR.
- Performs MRI safety, screens patients for contraindication (i.e. foreign bodies, medical indications).
- Responsible for scheduled shifts including holidays and weekends.
- Overtime as needed to provide continual quality patient care.
- On call assignments as needed per individual Hospital & Departmental policy.
- Performs daily clerical duties, which includes the use of EMR, PACS, Teletracking System, computer system, patient scheduling, and other computer systems as added by hospital.
- Greets all patients when they arrive for their exam utilizing A.I.D.E.T. standards.
- Adheres to the policies of Employee ID, Standards of Behavior, Attendance, and Punctuality.
- Responsible at all times for maintaining MRI Safety Zones.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communication with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Compliant with ARRT or ARMRIT MRI educational & clinical requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Minimum of one year of MRI experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification or American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Tech.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Start ExploringSee the area you’ll be working in and get an idea of what your daily routine around the office can be like. Learn More
Awards We’ve Received
US News & World Report 2023
- HUMC - #1 Hospital in NJ & #5 in NY Metro Area
US News & World Report 2023
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital - #1 Children’s Hospital in NJ
US News & World Report 2023
- JSUMC - #6 Hospital in NJ
2023 & 2022 Magnet Designations
for 9 HMH Institutions
Newsweek 2022 Best Hospitals USA
- HUMC - #57
Newsweek 2022 America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic - #2
Diversity Inc. 2023
Top Hospital and Health Systems
Becker’s Hospital Review 2022
- Top Places to Work in Healthcare
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Ob/Gyn Physician - Deal LakeHMHMG SPECIALTY CARE 570 Asbury Park, New Jersey
Medical Receptionist- Oncology (Physician Practice)HMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Youth Residential Technician- Psychiatric Unit- Belle Mead - PT/NightsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Youth Residential Technician- Belle Mead- FTHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
WE KEEP GETTING BETTER
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we help our patients live better, healthier lives – and we help one another succeed. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how our team members support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we’re ready to transform health care and advance our mission to serve as a leader of positive change.
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.