How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The MRI Technologist is responsible for producing diagnostic images using MRI technology.
1. Reviews patient's chart and/or physician order to determine optimal imaging parameters for suspected pathology.
2. Selects Proper Imaging Coil for study.
3. Performs imaging studies using proper scanning techniques and protocols.
4. Works with physicians to optimize MRI sequences to produce the highest quality MRI image.
5. Administers contrast media following MRI dept protocols
6. Verifies pregnancy status, when appropriate.
7. Obtains MRI consent documentation when appropriate.
8. Determines whether the patient has been appropriately prepared for the procedure.
9. Documents diagnostic and patient data in the appropriate record.
10. Performs post-processing techniques to optimize imaging or study.
11. Draws up sterile contrast media and other solutions following hospital approved infection control guidelines
12. Administers emergency care including performing CPR.
13. Performs MRI safety, screens patients for contraindication (i.e. foreign bodies, medical indications).
14. Responsible for scheduled shifts including holidays and weekends.
15. Overtime as needed to provide continual quality patient care.
16. On call assignments as needed per individual Hospital & Departmental policy.
17. Performs daily clerical duties, which includes the use of EMR, PACS, Teletracking System, computer system, patient scheduling, and other computer systems as added by hospital. 18. Greets all patients when they arrive for their exam utilizing A.I.D.E.T. standards.
19. Adheres to the policies of Employee ID, Standards of Behavior, Attendance, and Punctuality.
20. Responsible at all times for maintaining MRI Safety Zones.
21. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communication with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
22. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
23. Other duties and/or projects as assigned. 24. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Compliant with ARRT or ARMRIT MRI educational & clinical requirements
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Minimum of one year of MRI experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification or American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Tech.
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.