Mgr, Trauma Operations
The Manager, Trauma Operations, in collaboration with the Trauma Chief, is responsible for all components related to the operational, financial and personnel aspects of the Trauma Center. This position is responsible for development, implementation and evaluation of systems and programs directed towards the provisions of quality services for trauma patients from a multi-disciplinary perspective throughout the continuum of care.
- Manages the trauma program at Hackensack University Medical Center in accordance with American College of Surgeons – Committee on Trauma (ACS-COT), the New Jersey Department of Health and Human Services and the Joint Commission requirements.
- Monitors compliance to hospital policies, procedures and standards through clinical observation, medical record review, staff evaluation, feedback and other sources.
- Responsible for the annual review, revisions and evaluation of the Trauma Program PI Plan.
- Supervises collection and analyses of reports and statistics from the trauma registry related to quality improvement processes, in collaboration with the Performance Improvement Coordinator and Trauma Registrars.
- Assures ongoing measurement, trending and reporting of findings are communicated with appropriate departments and committees.
- Oversees the coordination of both the ACS Trauma Site Trauma Center re-verification visit and the Joint Commission Disease Specific Competency site review.
- Work collaboratively with Trauma Chief to establish and monitor Leader Evaluation goals for the trauma service.
- Prepares the annual budget in collaboration with the Trauma Chief and the Director of Surgery.
- Coordinates with the surgeons, mid-level providers, nurses and other healthcare team members to evaluate and address specific patient care and safety issues.
- Assesses and identifies the needs for policies, procedures, protocols, supplies and equipment relating to the care of the trauma patient in collaboration with the Trauma Chief, the Director of Surgery and other clinicians.
- Prepares and provides annual evaluations for trauma program personnel.
- Serves as a resource for clinical practice to the nursing staff and EMS targeted to care for the trauma patient.
- Assist with research projects, analysis and distribution of findings for trauma service.
- Represents the trauma program at various state, county, hospital and community committees to enhance and foster Hackensack University Medical Center’s presence.
- Oversees coordination trauma multi-disciplinary case reviews, and other presentations requested. Completes required CME application for physician credits.
- Oversees the development, implementation, and evaluation of injury prevention programs presented by the Injury Prevention Coordinator
- Oversees including the application process all grants monies secured by the Trauma & Injury Prevention Service.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completion of the Trauma Service payroll with department timekeeper.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 10 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Managerial Organizational Competencies.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Graduate of a NLN/AACN accredited program in nursing.
- BS Degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Recent clinical experience in critical care, trauma, and/or emergency nursing.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Power Point, Excel and/or Access.
- Participates in educational activities appropriate to professional goals.
- Maintains current knowledge related to adult and pediatric trauma/critical care, professional practice and research.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or related Healthcare field.
- Current valid NJ State Professional Registered Nurse license.
- Maintains American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support HCP
- Maintains AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support provider status.
- Maintains AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support provider status.
Trauma Nursing Core Curriculum (TNCC) provider/instructor status
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.