Medical Technologist II, Blood Bank
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Medical Technologist II, Blood Bank is responsible for performing and recording a broad range of manual and automated routine laboratory tests, with a familiarity of standard concepts, practices and procedures
1. Performs all routine and some more complex procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
2. Interprets and correlates test results with the patient's diagnosis.
3. Documents all quality control procedures performed and document corrective action when QC is out of range.
4. Performs routine maintenance on sophisticated instrumentation.
5. Maintains complete and accurate records, i.e., instrument worksheets and maintenance sheets.
6. Calibrates and standardizes sophisticated instrumentation according sectional guidelines.
7. Checks and standardizes reagents.
8. Maintains an adequate level of supplies.
9. Performs all system functions necessary to achieve the timely reporting of results.
10. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (ie, age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.)
11. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree must be a MLS or MT degree.
2. 0 - 5 years of experience.
3. Works under minimal supervision.
4. Beginning working knowledge of subject matter.
5. Handles basic issues and problems.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. ASCP or equivalent eligible or possesses categorical classification.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. Medical Technologist Certification or Clinical Laboratory Scientist Certification or Clinical Laboratory Technician Certification.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.