Med Technologist Trainee
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Med Technologist Trainee performs tests under the supervision of senior laboratory personnel in those areas in which the trainee is qualified by education and training.
A day in the life of an Med Technologist Trainee at Hackensack Meridian Health can be described as follows:
- Responsible for performing any assigned tests which the trainee is qualified for under the guidance of regulatory and accreditation agencies, under the direction of senior laboratory personnel.
- All tests are performed following standard operating protocols
- Ensures that all quality control is performed for each test performed.
- Informs senior personnel of any problems associated with the proper performance of test procedures.
- Complies with all laboratory policies and procedures
- Maintains work area and all equipment in a safe, functional and sanitary condition.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a biological science or, if no degree, a minimum of 90 semester hours at the college level. Of the 90 hours, there must be a minimum of 16 Biology credits, 16 Chemistry credits, and 3 Math credits. One course in Biology and one course in Chemistry must be in a Jr or Sr level class.
- Must show documentation of receiving Bachelor's degree or show eligibility to sit for ASCP certification within 6 months of start date of employment or employment will be rescinded.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.