Med Tech II, Chemistry
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Med Tech II, Chemistry is responsible for performing and recording a broad range of more complex laboratory testing with minimal supervision, in conjunction with additional complex duties of the department.
A day in the life of a Med Tech II, Chemistry at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
1. Performs all complex as well as routine procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
2. Correlates and understands the theory of complex testing procedures including associating the results to patient diagnosis and clinical condition.
3. Performs the duties of the senior technologist and/or is responsible for running the section when required to do so on weekends and holidays, and during weekdays when both the section head and the assistant section head are absent.
4. Performs complex maintenance on all sophisticated instrumentation.
5. Works with the section head in preparing the section for accreditation inspections.
6. Works with the section head to document competencies within the section.
7. Documents all quality control procedures performed and document corrective action when QC is out of range.
8. Performs advanced troubleshooting of complex instruments within the section.
9. Instructs and trains new MT students during their clinical rotations.
10. Trains newly assigned employees.
11. Maintains complete and accurate records, i.e., instrument worksheets and maintenance sheets.
12. Calibrates and standardizes all sophisticated instrumentation according to sectional guidelines.
13. Maintains an adequate level of supplies. Performs Inventory control and ordering as needed.
14. Checks and standardizes reagents.
15. Performs all system functions necessary to achieve the timely reporting of results.
16. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (ie, age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.)
17. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Minimum of 3 years of experience.
3. Works under minimal supervision.
4. Solid working knowledge of subject matter.
5. Handles moderately complex issues and problems.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Previous hospital experience a plus.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. ASCP or equivalent eligible or possesses categorical classification.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. Medical Technologist Certification or Clinical Laboratory Scientist Certification or Clinical Laboratory Technician Certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.