Manager, Surgery FP Operations-Trauma Service (Physician Practice)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Manager of Business Operations for the Surgical manages the daily operations of the Department of Surgery Faculty Practices (Breast, Thoracic, Surgical Oncology, etc.) and works in collaboration with the Clinical Manager, the Director of the Department of Surgery, the Chairman of the Department Surgery and the physicians to organize and direct all operational components of the Faculty Practices.
A day in the life of a Manager, Surgery FP Operations at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Manages daily operations of the surgical faculty practices for the clerical and business functions.
- Responsible for the supervision and development of all staff, including time and attendance, monitoring mandatory education, coaching, evaluation, and, when necessary, discipline.
- Responsible for the revenue cycle of each practice including registration, coding oversight, denial oversight, etc.
- Assists in the development of budgets, monitors monthly responsibility summaries and corrects and monitors status with the Director.
- Monitors patient satisfaction, patient feedback, and works with staff and physicians to identify and resolve potential problems and continually improve patient process.
- Monitors NRC scores monthly and works with multidisciplinary team to ensure goals are met and exceeded.
- Formulates, reviews, and revises departmental policies and procedures which safeguard patient care and promote efficient and creative practice with clinical manager.
- Acts as the department's Epic electronic medical records system super-user and liaises with Information Technology when necessary, for scheduling, registration and billing.
- Plans and ensures appropriate staffing for each department.
- Manages the resolution of operational issues.
- Assists in the marketing direct marketing of the practices through interactions and relationship building with referring physicians offices and staff.
- Lifts a minimum of 10 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Has involvement in PI activities and attends department QI meeting.
- Communicates with the physicians on a monthly basis regarding productivity, open encounters, and all metrics affecting revenue and productivity.
- Attends all department meetings.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational & Managerial Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7 years healthcare experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize accordingly.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Surgical Practice experience.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Clinical experience.
- Experience working in Epic electronic medical records system.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.