Manager, Foundation Communications
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Manager, Foundation Communications is responsible for all strategic communication objectives for Hackensack Meridian Health Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation and the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University using data and analysis to determine messages and communication channels. Responsibilities include preparing internal and external communications for Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation, developing printed and electronic materials and publications, developing and managing campaign communications. The position reports to both the Vice President of Corporate Communications and the North Regional President, Foundation Chief Development Officer.
1. In partnership with division executives and marketing and communication colleagues, develop and lead strategic communication plans for Hackensack Meridian Health Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation and the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University.
2. Develop, create and distribute content that builds awareness and supports strategic fundraising initiatives.
3. Track and analyze communications, web and media initiatives. Develop regular reports to showcase results to the Foundation boards and Hackensack Meridian Health leadership.
4. Gather information, write and produce exciting, persuasive news releases and media alerts celebrating Foundation and School of Medicine accomplishments including but not limited to the announcement of special donors, new trustees, special events and other milestones within the Foundation. Lead Foundation and School of Medicine activities with Communications team and work with wide range of media outlets to pitch stories.
5. Research, write, edit, and update print, and web-based/social media communications deliverables designed to meet Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation and School of Medicine needs.
6. Design and implement giving campaigns, including budgeting needs, around particular Foundation and School of Medicine initiatives that are appealing to readers who have the capacity to give within our market area.
7. Oversee and develop Foundation and School of Medicine content and presence on HMH's websites and other digital and social platforms.
8. Write and edit engaging scripts and presentations for key leadership during Foundation and School of Medicine events including cultivation and annual events, seminars and other opportunities.
9. Develop and execute Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation and School of Medicine public relations strategy.
10. Draft and manage review/approvals of announcements, prepare media releases and conduct follow up with journalists / influencers.
11. Facilitate consenting patients/external parties who will be photographed, featured in press releases or videos produced by the Foundation, media interviews, etc.
12. Interact with board members, hospital leadership, physicians, donors and other internal audiences to develop strategies and communications.
13. Create communications and marketing materials that utilize compelling stories to speak directly to our prospective and current donors as well as other key constituents.
14. Partner with photographers, videographers and graphic designers including HMH team members and external agencies/vendors, to design and produce captivating pieces for Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation and the School of Medicine while adhering to strict deadlines.
15. Ensure all Hackensack Meridian Health brand guidelines and high quality standards are met.
16. Lead Hackensack University Medical Center's Foundation's and School of Medicine's Communications work calendar.
17. Remain current with existing and emerging communications strategies and tactics, applying them as appropriate.
18. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree required in a related field.
2. Minimum of eight to ten years of professional communication experience. Must provide samples of various forms and styles of copy.
3. Motivated, resourceful professional capable of independent function in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Strong skills in proofreading and grammar.
6. Effective organizational skills to navigate through a matrix reporting relationship as well as handle multiple projects, build strong interactive relationships and drive team morale
7. Attention to detail.
8. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet multiple deadlines.
9. Ability to write strong headlines and compelling copy.
10. Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite.
11. Understanding of digital/social platforms and how to prepare, post and position copy for appropriate audiences.
12. Comfortable in an exciting, high-growth environment with shifting priorities.
13. Positive and proactive attitude; ability to maintain high level of professionalism in a corporate environment.
14. Deadline-oriented and flexible enough to adjust to new opportunities as they arise.
15. Ability to balance a sense of urgency with calm and confident demeanor.
16. Ability to interface effectively with a variety of people including donors, board members, physicians, colleagues, and vendor partners to establish productive, ongoing relationships.
18. Strong interest and willingness to try new things, to push creatively, and to find creative solutions for ordinary problems.
19. Flexible schedule to allow for extended hours as needed for night and weekend events.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Prior experience in a hospital or nonprofit setting.
2. Master's degree in marketing, advertising, communications, journalism or English preferred.
3. Management experience.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.