Manager, Clinical Systems, Inpatient
The Inpatient Clinical Systems Manager has expert knowledge of clinical and administrative systems as well as significant understanding of other IT disciplines. Responsible for simultaneously managing multiple clinical systems projects. The scope of project management responsibilities includes hospital-wide teams of analysts, clinical project owners, physicians, nurses, patient care administrative and technical personnel, vendors, and implementation consultants. Incorporates the organization’s strategic objectives in the management and evaluation of the organization’s clinical and administrative information systems.
- Integrates, coordinates and plans resources to achieve strategic goals via the management of clinical and administrative systems.
- Organizes, manages and develops project team resources in order to effectively meet project commitments and business objectives.
- Forms interdisciplinary project teams consisting of IT professionals, physicians, nurses, patient care administrative and technical staff to select and implement major clinical information systems.
- Manages the design, acquisition, implementation and evaluation of administrative and clinical information systems.
- Integrate evidence-based medicine & practice and clinical guidelines into informatics solutions
- Develops and implements educational strategies to promote understanding of the information system life cycle.
- Assesses the need for and implements revision or development of policies or procedures as the system design evolves.
- Incorporates regulatory requirements such as Value Based Purchasing, public reporting, CMS, Joint commissions and NJ Department of Health and Senior Services into the clinical system.
- Projects resources required for system implementation and support
- Ensures the daily management, coordination, development, selection, and operation of applications software services within HMH and among HMH and its on-campus and remote patient care facilities.
- Manages daily operations of Applications Analyst resources
- Provides consultative services to customers and information technology teams as to workflow processes and technological solutions
- Develops and presents oral and written communications to organizational leadership
- Develops and implements educational strategies to promote understanding of the information system life cycle
- Manages and approves system, operational and departmental documentation, including policies and procedures.
- Synthesizes integrated workflows to improve procedures and process redesign
- Manages complex projects with minimal guidance
- Prepares cost analysis
- Advises the Director of the impact of new applications technology and its cost-effective deployment within the department.
- Manages on-call support for clinical applications
- Acts as resource for Applications Analysts
- Lifts a minimum of _20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of _10__ lbs. and stands a minimum of _4__ hours a day.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Managerial and Organizational Competencies
- Master’s degree, 2 years clinical experience and 3 years Information Technology managerial or administrative experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, 2 years clinical experience and 4 years Information Technology managerial or administrative experience.
- Epic Certification in clinical application.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Evidence of design of complex clinical systems.
- Evidence of implementation of complex clinical systems.
- Evidence of maintenance of complex clinical systems.
- Advanced technical consultation and support.
- Design specifications of complex clinical systems.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.