- Requisition # 2023-135832
- StatusFull Time with Benefits
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Mgr, Child Dvlpmt/Genetics Ops provides managerial and administrative assistance to the Administrative Director and Section Chiefs of assigned areas of responsibility. This position is responsible for the financial processes, daily operations and oversight of all secretarial/clerical/billing functions.
A day in the life of a Manager for Child Development/Genetics Operations at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assists the Medical Director and Section Chiefs in the management of operational, administrative, and fiscal aspects of assigned areas of responsibility.
- Manages the resolution of operational issues.
- Collaborates with Administrative Director and Section Chiefs in the development of the annual budgets for all areas of responsibility including all salary and non-salary expenses, contracts and zero-based sub-accounts.
- Monitors monthly responsibility summaries for all cost centers and prepares variance reports as necessary.
- Maintains accurate financial accounting in all systems and provides reports with analysis on request to the Administrator, Section Chief and leadership.
- Responsible for management of support staff for assigned areas of responsibility, including disciplinary actions and performance evaluations.
- Oversees Special Child Health and Autism registry to assure compliance with state agencies.
- Prepares and oversees grant submissions/budgets to state for assigned areas.
- Coordinates with preparation for site visits and other reviews by public and private agencies.
- Coordinates and monitors safety and physical plant items.
- Monitors department payroll on a bi-weekly basis in comparison to budgets.
- Maintains accurate time and attendance and payroll submissions for all departments.
- Assists staff with travel/conference requests and expensable submissions as well as other forms as may be required by the department.
- Reconciles accounts on a monthly basis for hospital requisitions including check requests, and purchase and supply requisitions.
- Coordinates with Information Technology for all computer needs for the departments.
- Participates in various councils and committees as requested by the Administrative Director/CH Administration.
- Functions as point of contact and liaison with HackensackUMC departments to arrange for and provide response to operational, safety, security, information, financial, technology, environmental and supply needs for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Oversees the completion of transcription, copying and mailing of all professional correspondence, including consultation letters, patient letters, research papers, physician correspondence and ancillary support requests.
- Collaborates with administration of Outpatient Registration in assuring efficient and effective flow of patient visits and reconciliation of financial and patient issues.
- Serves as telecommunications coordinator for department including telephones, voicemail, modem lines, dictation and answering service.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational & Managerial Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet software
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in either Business Management or Business Administration.
- 5 years business or finance experience.
- EPIC financial experience
- Regular contact with Medical Center personnel, patients and visitors.
- Lifts a minimum of 10 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 10 lbs. and stands a minimum of 3 hours a day.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Start ExploringSee the area you’ll be working in and get an idea of what your daily routine around the office can be like. Learn More
Awards We’ve Received
US News & World Report 2023
- HUMC - #1 Hospital in NJ & #5 in NY Metro Area
US News & World Report 2023
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital - #1 Children’s Hospital in NJ
US News & World Report 2023
- JSUMC - #6 Hospital in NJ
2023 & 2022 Magnet Designations
for 9 HMH Institutions
Newsweek 2022 Best Hospitals USA
- HUMC - #57
Newsweek 2022 America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic - #2
Diversity Inc. 2023
Top Hospital and Health Systems
Becker’s Hospital Review 2022
- Top Places to Work in Healthcare
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Medical Assistant-Oncology Medical SpecialistHMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Case Manager (East Mountain Youth Lodge) - Full TimeHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Registered Nurse- Behavioral Health- Acute Care Unit- P/T with benefits NightsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Registered Nurse - Carrier Clinic- Per Diem, EveningsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
WE KEEP GETTING BETTER
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we help our patients live better, healthier lives – and we help one another succeed. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how our team members support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we’re ready to transform health care and advance our mission to serve as a leader of positive change.
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.