Mammography Technologist (Part-Time)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Mammography Technologist is responsible for performing mammography examinations following ACR requirements. This position assists with breast ultrasound, stereotactic biopsy, breast localization and other radiologic guided procedures performed within the Breast Center.
A day in the life of a Mammography Technologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performs diagnostic and screening mammographic examinations on adult adolescent and geriatric patients in an expedient and professional manner.
- Performs mammographic imaging for breast needle localization procedures and stereotactic procedures inclusive of set up and clean up.
- Assists in procedures using ultrasound guidance.
- Provides immobilization devices, select proper technical factors based on individual patient needs and selects and operate equipment for specific procedures.
- Identifies patient's films with the correct name, x-ray number and correctly marks film as to side of the patient and initials all films.
- Develops exposed x-ray film by using processing methods.
- Completes patient requisitions with technologist's initials, date number and size of films.
- Assists with quality control procedures and documenting of: phantom image, darkroom fog test, screen-film contact test, repeat analysis, fixer retention analysis, screen cleanliness, compression test, visual machine checks, processor quality control, view box and reviewing conditions and darkroom cleanliness, as delegated by Chief Mammography Technologist.
- Assists in BSE instruction and other patient education to include pre and post procedure instructions.
- Prepares cases to be imaged including chart and films.
- Assists with compiling statistics for: patient follow-ups, tracking of breast localizations, patient needing biopsies, and ultrasound examinations, follow-up on positive biopsy reports.
- Documents procedures regarding quality control and quality assurance for mammography in compliance with ACR, MQSA, NJ State and FDA.
- Ensure proper use of Faxitron system.
- Documents in the Breast Center chart any pertinent information regarding patients.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology. 24 continuing education credits must be obtained every 2 years. 5 continuing education credits must be maintained per year for mammography.
- Must be able to meet the requirements for the National Registry (ARRT).
- The mammography technologist must satisfactorily pass the National ARRT examination.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Diagnostic Radiography License.
- Must obtain mammography certification within the first three months of employment.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.