LCSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Behavioral Health
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Our Inpatient Psychiatric unit provides acute comprehensive hospital treatment for adult to geriatric patients who are unable to remain at home or in the community. We also provide care to our Medical-surgical psychiatric patient population. Each patient will be assessed for appropriateness to our unit based upon the needs of the patient and services provided by our interdisciplinary staff of behavioral health experts.
The purpose of our 24 bed voluntary medical surgical psychiatric unit is to provide intensive, caring treatment of patients who cannot receive such treatment in the community or at home, owing to the severity of their psychiatric illness. The goal is always to maximize healthy responses and return the patient to their home setting in the community, as quickly as possible.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker is responsible for group facilitation, 1:1 therapy, planning, organizing and implementing social work services to patients and families, as well as coordinating the discharge plan with the nurse case manager, multidisciplinary team and community agencies as necessary.
A day in the life of a Licensed Clinical Social Worker at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Biopsychosocial assessment and diagnosis of child, adolescent, adult and older adult patients
- Coordination of care
- Screening for potential discharge needs in an effort to facilitate timely discharge plans
- Performing Initial Case Management Assessment
- Evaluating data gathered for the medical plan of treatment and social service programs
- Performing multidisciplinary rounds
- Reassessing of all patients receiving case management services
- Performing Patient Education
- Maximizing coordination of care
- Counseling Assistance
- Documenting and communicating to coordinate and maximize care
- Reporting data
- Participating in Meetings and Committees
- Current and valid LCSW in the State of New Jersey is required
- Master’s Degree in Social Work is required
- Three (3) or more yars of experience in an inpatient or outpatient setting is required
- Group facilitation experience is required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.