How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Intake Coordinator obtains vital statistics included in starting the entry process and organizing the initial database for the ICD patient chart.
A day in the life of a Intake Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian includes:
1. Schedules patient appointments in Cadence (patient scheduling module in EPIC).
2. Answers phone calls from patients, physician's offices and other agencies and returns calls to same.
3. Makes phone calls to patients' families at request of physician/clinician to obtain additional information, provide feedback and/or change appointment date/time as needed.
4. Pulls charts for upcoming appointments and creates new charts for new patients as needed.
5. Obtains and enters all needed information for insurance or triage.
6. Educates and assists families with their individual insurance policies and procedures.
7. Files and faxes documents.
8. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Excellent phone skills.
3. Excellent customer service skills.
4. Excellent organizational skills.
5. Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
6. Bilingual (English/Spanish).
7. Cadence certification required.
8. EPIC experience.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.