How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
An Instructor, Immunology conducts basic or translational research under the supervision of a full-time Associate or Senior Scientist.
A day in the life of Instructor, Immunology at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Leads research and/or laboratory tasks and experiments under minimal supervision.
- Reviews data analysis and interpretation of results.
- Creates reports from analysis of initial observations and conclusions.
- Establishes experimental protocols, design, and documentation.
- Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to students, research assistants, postdoctoral researchers.
- Presents findings at national conferences.
- Publish results in reputable peer-reviewed journals.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Hold a M.D. or Ph.D. degree in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or a closely related field from an accredited medial school or graduate level institution.
- Minimum of six years as a Postdoctoral research fellow or research associate in a qualified laboratory in academia or industry with focus on immunology and tissue engineering.
- Minimum of three peer-reviewed publications from prior work experience.
- Excellent skills in writing and independently conducting complex immunological in vitro and in vivo assays including flow cytometry, and tissue culture, 3D scaffold fabrication, clinically relevant mouse models.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well across disciplines and functions effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.