Infrastructure Engineer III
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Fostering a culture of excellence within a collaborative environment, Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking talented professionals to implement and support innovative solutions & technologies. Our Information Technology team enables HMH to meet the changing demands of the healthcare marketplace by providing creative, high quality, efficient and effective solutions. Come join the HMH team as we recently rolled out Epic throughout our network and are looking for top talent to support this implementation.
The Infrastructure Engineer III maintains the organizations IT infrastructure, which may include hardware, software, servers, storage solutions, networks, or physical facilities. Handles complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff. Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter. May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to level I & II Infrastructure Engineers.
HMH IT department has received many accolades from recognized organizations; including Most Wired and Fortune. Come join our winning IT team that was ranked as #1“Best Hospital IT Department” for the past two years by Health IT News.
A day in the life of Infrastructure Engineer III at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Maintains the organizations IT infrastructure.
- Configures, installs, maintains, and provides support for critical software and hardware components.
- Monitors system availability and troubleshoots and resolves connectivity interruptions.
- Measures and improves performance and scalability.
- Helps develop disaster recovery or business continuity plans.
- Responsible for basic management of storage solutions.
- Produces documentation for systems and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new trends.
- Virus Management, Assist in the day-to-day tasks critical patching, vulnerability remediation, meeting desired state and configurations.
- Must be willing to accommodate weekend, shift or on-call schedules when necessary.
- Other duties and projects as assigned and in a timely fashion.
- Adheres to the Medical Centers Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors degree preferably in Information Technology/Math/Computer Science or related field.
- Four or more years of experience in an Information Technology department in a similar role.
- Deep understanding of Cisco UCS (Unified Computing System) technologies including switching fabric and management software layers.
- Knowledge of windows Server Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of VMware and Vsphere.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy.
- Knowledge of Cisco HyperFlex or HyperConverged technologies.
- Knowledge of network principles, protocols & Technologies.
- Ability to multitask and strong analytical skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong organization skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Knowledge of Enterprise storage, EMC, SAN, NAS.
- Knowledge of Horizon View VDI Citrix virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of EMC Avamar backup & Recovery Including DR.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- VMware, Cisco or Microsoft products certifications, should be current and within 4 years.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.