Information & Guest Services Representative
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Information & Guest Services Representative is responsible for welcoming guests, responding to requests for visitor passes, providing directions to Medical Center services, answering questions about Medical Center services and policies and maintaining professional image/environment of lobby areas.
***This is a Part-Time position.
1. Ability to speak, read and write basic English enabling effective communication with all guests, management and staff.
2. Must have a friendly, courteous and helpful personality, enabling the representative to handle stressful situations and guest relations pleasantly and effectively.
3. Must possess strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented in order to facilitate information, multiple tasks and accurate completion of all required procedures.
4. Welcomes all guests to the Medical Center by proactively greeting them in a courteous fashion utilizing proper non-verbal communication such as eye contact and appropriate facial expression.
5. Responds to requests for directions in an accurate and precise manner providing a way finding map to the appropriate locations.
6. Distributes appropriate visitor passes to guests in accordance with the established visitor policy of the patient care area involved.
7. Files returned passes in appropriate place during working hours.
8. Confirms accurate location of the patient, number of passes available and checks nursing message log for any special privileges and/or restrictions.
9. Provide new vendors with Veri-rep cards as well directing other vendors to Veri-rep kiosks.
10. Directs conference participants to accurate conference area and/or investigates location of meeting for guest requesting assistance.
11. Answers telephone within 3 rings using established greeting in a courteous and professional manner and provides proper assistance, takes accurate phone messages and/or refers caller by transferring the person as indicated.
12. Enforce Access Control function by advising guests of the visiting and access policies, alerting Security to any violations, assisting Security with Code 76 at any of the Guest Services lobbies and evacuating lobby areas if necessary.
13. Intervenes to resolve operational challenges as well as problem solve and resolve guest complaints and/or concerns by utilizing positive problem solving approaches. Refers guests with consumer complaints to the Consumer Affairs Department and/or the Administrative Head Nurse as appropriate.
14. Maintains accurate monetary exchange for sale of newspapers.
15. Coordinates delivery of mail, flowers, gifts, etc.
16. Escorts Maternity / Cancer Center patients via wheelchair to the assigned area.
17. Sign-in patients into Epic in the Cancer Center.
18. Announces Cancer Center patients to registration.
19. Make confirmation phone calls for Cancer Center patients.
20. Initiates regular contact with Environmental Services and Plant Operations to communicate service requests necessary to maintain the lobby, immediate external entrance of lobbies, public bathrooms, wheelchairs, etc. in appropriate condition, i.e., lamp lights lit, no debris on floor, dying plants replaced, windows clean, floor and carpets clean, cigarette debris removed, etc.
21. Explains parking fee structure and provides information about discount programs available to guests experiencing an extended stay and/or repeat visits to the Medical Center.
22. Demonstrates knowledge and maintains close working relationships with all departments within the Medical Center in order to provide the best possible service to our guests.
23. Attends required in-services. Attends staff meetings and/or reviews staff meeting minutes. Assumes responsibility for keeping up with intra-hospital communication by reviewing all information and documents on the communications bulletin board.
24. Utilizes positive problem solving approaches to resolve problems and maintain departmental morale.
25. Completes all beginning and end of shift procedures to ensure the consistency of service provided by the department and communicates all important information to the following shift to ensure smooth transition.
26. Responds to all emergency situations in accordance with proper policies and procedures.
27. Maintains confidentiality of information in accordance with Medical Center polices and procedures
28. Remains visible and positions him/her self at the information desk with a personal appearance that conveys confidence and professionalism while adhering to the department attire standards.
29. Maintains good working relationship with all volunteers assigned to Information and Guest Services.
30. Maintains a personal appearance that conveys confidence and professionalism while adhering to the department attire standards.
31. Completes incident report for any event not consistent with the routine operations of the facility (event may include patient, visitor or volunteer).
32. Maintains a clean and organized Information Desk at all times.
33. Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisors and/or Operations Manager.
34. Stands throughout shift and physically assists patients.
35. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Typing ability required.
3. One to two years working experience required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Computer training preferred.
2. One to two years experience in front desk/reception position or hospitality experience preferred.
3. Bi-lingual preferred. Spanish preferred.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.