How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Histotechnician is responsible for processing histological (tissue) specimens according to prescribed techniques.
A day in the life of a Histotechnician at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
1. Cuts tissue into ribbon sections using the microtome in a timely manner.
2. Gross small biopsy specimens as needed.
3. Mounts tissue sections and prepares slides for microscopic examination.
4. Prepares and stains slides according to established procedures for histochemical stains and immunohistochemical stains as requested.
5.Responds to Frozen section room for frozen sections as needed.
6.Fixes selected specimens as approved by pathologist
7. Reports to supervisor promptly when supplies are needed.
8. Accepts surgical specimens according to established procedures.
9. Prepares tissue from surgical and autopsy specimens for dehydration and embedding into paraffin blocks.
10. Performs all system functions necessary to achieve the timely reporting of results.
11. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
12. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of a CAHEA accredited histotechnology program or Associate's degree with emphasis in biology and chemistry within 1 year of hire.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. 3 or more years experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. ASCP eligible.
2. HT certification eligible.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.