Financial Analyst, North
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Financial Analyst, North is responsible for planning, monitoring, and coordinating specific departmental functions, and for compiling and analyzing financial information related to assigned regional areas (i.e. corporate affiliates, physician services, partner companies, management service agreements ('MSA'), partnerships, etc.). Will work closely with Physicians, Administrative Directors, the Legal Department, and the Executive Office on various analyses, projections, annual capital and operating budgets, and reconciliations as appropriate and applicable. Job responsibilities include all financial aspects of Hackensack Meridian Health's (HMH) goals, which also include all operational matters affecting the preparation and reporting of monthly financial statements, budgeting, audit coordination, internal controls compliance, PeopleSoft general ledger build & maintenance, and oversight on outsourced accounting functions.
A day in the life of a Financial Analyst at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Applies GAAP in carrying out core responsibilities of all assigned duties and special projects.
- Consistently and timely communicates with applicable HMH departments, outside Accounting Firms, etc. regarding all inquiries. Timely prepares and communicates the results of reconciliations and analyses to all parties involved.
- Leads meetings held with management of applicable HMH departments and Senior Management. Prepares agendas, PowerPoint presentations, meeting minutes, as needed.
- Supports and enables the monthly financial close process. Prepares monthly financial statements for each of assigned areas. Compiles financial and statistical information as part of monthly Finance Committee package.
- Explains monthly and year-to-date variances and fluctuations (actual-to-budget / actual-to-prior year) using statistical, financial, and operational data.
- Prepares detailed work papers and support for monthly journal entries. Prepares reconciliations of all balance sheet and income statement accounts. Reconciles all intercompany transactions and ensures proper elimination upon consolidation.
- Properly calculates and records HMH's investment in subsidiaries. Records and reconciles all due to and due from accounts within assigned areas.
- Reviews month-end financial and statistical reports prepared by outside accountants for accuracy.
- Assists with budgeting and forecasting for capital and operating expenses.
- Provide financial analysis support services to other functional areas within HMH.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Additional job functions specific only to those who work with Physician Services are:
- Works with Mgr, Physician Pay & Planning and/or Regional Site Controllers to interpret, complete and deliver variable compensation payments to the physicians for assigned groups within the Network.
- Variable compensation payments are made on a wRVU or cash model on rolling monthly and quarterly timeframes as appropriate for the individual contracts.
- Maintains complex pooling arrangements between groups.
- Completes monthly reconciliation process for standard leased practices.
- Verifies expense, payments and accruals are accurate.
- Prepares letter and back up schedules for physician compensation.
- Processes ACH requests for physicians' quarterly and recurring payments.
- Completes JV/Captive leased physician compensation arrangements (PCN) and any unique grandfathered arrangements.
- Reconciles outside Lease arrangements for practice operating expenses.
- Variable Compensation GL accruals and roll forward.
- Responsible for review and completion of monthly accruals for physicians on all models.
- Coordinates with accountants that accruals are in synch.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in accounting &/or 3 years of public accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of GAAP.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Must be highly computer literate, including advanced use of Excel.
- Must be able to establish effective working relationships with Senior Management and Staff at all levels of the organization.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA).
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.