ETC Operations Technician
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Check out the below video and discover why Hackensack University Medical Center is a great place to work:
- Works collaboratively with the nursing and physician care delivery team to ensure excellent patient care is rendered and operationalized.
- Responds and assists in trauma code situations for level 2 trauma center.
- Adheres to the ETC customer service standards.
- Consistently uses the patient identification band to confirm appropriate patient identifiers.
- Consistently communicates with clinical team members prior to transporting a patient.
- Transports patients safely throughout the hospital by the use of wheelchairs and with stretcher transports; utilizing the computerized patient transport system.
- Transports specimens to the laboratory, and delivers blood and blood products in a timely manner.
- Transports equipment by picking up and delivering to assigned treatment or patient care areas as needed.
- Maintains adequate par levels in assigned areas within ETC department.
- Picks up slides for physicians to review from laboratory as requested.
- Obtains supplies from central supply as requested.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of required internal ETC Operations Technician training program.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.