EMS Tour Chief
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The EMS Tour Chief assists in the daily operations of the EMS departments (ALS, AIR, BLS, SCTU divisions) and is responsible for assigning/scheduling paramedics, compliance and ensuring vehicles, equipment and supplies are in good working condition and available as needed.
- Assigns/schedules EMS staff.
- Completes daily shift duty roster.
- Conducts daily readiness briefings.
- Submits daily tour report.
- Ensures all charts are signed and locked by end of each shift, including all necessary forms.
- Ensures completion of daily glucometer testing and accountability forms. Organizes all glucometer forms and hands off forms to Supervisor, EMS Clinical Services each month.
- Completes unusual occurrence/incident report as required.
- Rounds at each unit during the shift to ensure compliance with all department standards.
- Addresses daily operational issues and take corrective action as necessary.
- Ensures all vehicles have current registrations, inspections and certifications.
- Coordinates with Vehicle and Equipment Coordinator to ensure preventative maintenance schedules are followed and all vehicles repairs are made.
- Works with Vehicle and Equipment Coordinators to ensure good working condition / readiness of vehicles and communications equipment and stocked with appropriate level of supplies.
- Coordinates with Vehicle and Equipment Coordinators to ensure that appropriate levels of medications are available for the proper operation of the EMS divisions.
- Attends meetings as scheduled by the EMS Management Team.
- Performs the role of 4710 Paramedic or 4709 EMT as needed to cover shifts as needed.
- Oversees the EMS divisions at the scene of and MCI or HAZMAT situation and is qualified/able to serve as Incident Commander or EMS Branch Director if needed.
- Promotes good rapport with local First Aid Squads, Police and Fire Departments in order to ensure a cooperative working relationship, as well as public confidence in HackensackUMC EMS.
- Assist Manager with special projects as needed.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years Paramedic experience.
- Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator or Emergency Vehicle Operations.
- Hazardous Materials Awareness or Hazardous Materials Operations.
- Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100 or Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100.b or Introduction to Incident Command System for Healthcare/Hospitals or National Incident Management System.
- Incident Command System, ICS-200 or ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents or Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations.
- ICS-700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction or NIMS-700 National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Associate's degree.
- Intermediate Incident Command System for Expanding Incidents or Intermediate Incident Command System for Expanding Incidents - Instructor.
- Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic Certification or Mobile Intensive Care Nurse Certification or Paramedics Certification.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification or BLS Instructor Trainer.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification or ACLS Instructor Certification.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification or PALS Instructor Certification.
- International Trauma Life Support Certification or Prehospital Trauma Life Support Certification or Tactical Combat Casualty Care or Trauma Nursing Core Course Certification.
- Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.