Emergency Medicine Clinical Pharmacist
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Clinical Pharmacist I is responsible for involvement in the clinical aspects of pharmaceutical patient care including interaction with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers.
A day in the life of a Clinican Pharmacist I at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Identifies, resolves, and prevents drug-related problems.
- Recommends and monitors drug therapy.
- Participates in the department's drug formulary review process, including the preparation of drug monographs for review by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Participates in drug guideline and order set development.
- Participates in drug research related activities.
- Participation on various Medical Center committees and service lines as dictated by specific area(s) of expertise (e.g., cardiology, oncology, pediatrics).
- Provides drug information to various health care providers.
- Serves as a resource to the department in area(s) of expertise by helping to ensure that drug treatment plans and drug therapies are safe and effective.
- Participates in and assists in conducting educational programs for physicians, nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy students, and other health care providers.
- Participation in pharmacy student rotation program.
- Participates in the Pharmacy Practice Residency program as a preceptor and member of the Residency Advisory Committee.
- Assists with staffing as deemed necessary by the Director of Pharmacy.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.) This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy with a minimum of a Pharm.D. Degree.
- Completion of a clinical pharmacy residency program or 5 years of hospital pharmacy experience with a minimum of three years in clinical practice.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Advanced training in a specialty area (e.g., oncology, pediatrics, cardiology, infectious disease, etc.).
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Registered Pharmacist License.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.