Echocardiographer (Full-Time Nights)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Echocardiographer is responsible for performing cardiac ultrasound procedures. He/she also assists a trained, credentialed cardiology attending during stress echocardiogram and TEE procedures. Additionally, the position is responsible for complete knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology.
This is a night shift (overnight) position.
A day in the life of an Echocardiographer at Hackensack Meridian Health can be described as follows:
- Performs echocardiograms including 2-D M-Mode, color flow imaging and doppler studies.
- Obtains patient history and performs procedures as ordered.
- Helps patient onto and off of bed.
- Notifies supervisor in cases of acute or life threatening abnormalities.
- Obtains digital acquisition and storage of echo study in Syngo Dynamics for physician interpretation.
- Transports equipment to patient's room for bedside studies.
- Calibrates, cleans and maintains equipment and reports breakdowns and supply needs.
- Completes and processes billing charge requisition, log books, worksheets and reports.
- Cleans and prepares room for next patient.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the ICAEL standards and those identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- Participates in performance initiatives and monitoring.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of a certified cardiovascular technology school and/or graduate of an accredited ultrasonography program with a specialty in cardiac sonography.
- Must document at least 15 hours of echocardiography related continuing education over a period of three (3) years. All hours must be relevant to echocardiography.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- One-year clinical echocardiography experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer Certification or Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer Certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.