How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
As part of the Hackensack Meridian Health family, Alert Ambulance is a leading medical transportation provider throughout New Jersey. We pride ourselves on our prompt response times, courteous and dependable service, and commitment to the community.
As a Driver-MAVO, you will transport patients in wheelchairs between medical facilities, from their residence, either private or licensed healthcare facility, in a professional and caring manner. Administers Oxygen to patients as per the ASHI Oxygen administration training for NJ MAVOs.
A day in the life of a Driver-MAVO at Alert Ambulance, now part of Hackensack Meridian Health, includes:
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in driving a mobility assistance vehicle van.
- Operates Alert Ambulance vehicles safely and professionally, in compliance with all laws and rules governing same, Alert Ambulance standards for vehicle operation, and with due regard for the public.
- Performs all maneuvers / procedures as defined in accordance with MAVO Certification and Alert policies.
- Maintains vehicles at the beginning and end of shift with required items for transports utilizing a Vehicle Check List.
- Communicates with Alert Communication Dept. on status of assignment.
- Ensure that appropriate patient medical documents accompany all transports.
- Thoroughly complete all trip sheets and turn in to Communications Dept. at the end of shift.
- Decontaminates vehicle interior following transport of patient.
- Responsible to provide patients, patient family members, facility staff members, and physician staff members with the opportunity to fill out and hand in Survey cards, at time of transport.
- Safely administers / regulates oxygen up to 6 liters via nasal cannula in a non-emergency setting as prescribed by a healthcare provider.
- Ensures adequate oxygen supply as per company protocol at start and end of shift.
- Must be capable of communicating via written and verbal means in the English language.
- Additional duties or overtime as management may require in the daily operations of Alert Ambulance Service, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education is required
- Four (4) years driving experience is required
- A valid Motor Vehicle Driver License
- One (1) year experience as MAVO is preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please follow this link to apply today! https://alert-companies.candidatecare.jobs/
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.