Director, Marketing, North
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack MeridianHealthour healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
This position is responsible for developing, executing and measuring comprehensive marketing strategies, plans and programs for the Northern regional market. The Director, Marketing, North will be working with HMH Marketing leads and Care Transformation Services (CTS) leads to implement marketing strategies and address business concerns. Plans will be based on clear objectives, strategies and metrics. Regularly evaluate regional market dynamics and work to maintain crisp competitive differentiation, while supporting the HMH master brand. Anticipate and act on emerging healthcare trends to position the system for the future, in conjunction with other system leaders. Manages a team of marketing professionals. Primary focus (80%) is on Hackensack University Medical Center the flagship hospital of HMH, with 20% ensuring that the other Northern Hospitals are strategically aligned with the Northern regional strategy.
A day in the life of a Director, Marketing, North at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Participate in the annual marketing plan development process with the oversight of marketing leadership team. Ensure consistency of plans in content and depth. Ensure regional/entity plans are informed by regular meetings with regional market, CTS, and/or Network leadership.
- Partner with internal and external partners to execute campaigns to build local/regional volume, market share and program reputation/awareness. Ensure best practices in the development of marketing plans, including the writing and sharing of strong project briefs that result in campaigns that are on strategy, on brand, and on deadline.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and leadership support to the regional and market leads on an ongoing basis.
- Manage a detailed and accurate budget; maintain standard monthly reporting to show Actuals, Committed, In Progress dollars.
- Participate in strategic committees that advance organizational goals such as development of priority clinical programs, portal strategies, patient services.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement new and improved marketing processes and practices that quantifiably and incrementally improve the customer experience, drive increased demand and differentiate HMH brand among other healthcare providers.
- Design, implement and oversee marketing strategies that attract strong sales leads and outcomes and deliver on the brand promise.
- Create product development processes and creative asset strategies that transform the organization portfolio into a market leading position.
- Create strategies to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted external audiences, including referring physicians and key influencers. Support the development of marketing services from idea generation through concept development, product design, financial assessment and launch to ensure profitable growth and expansion in the market; focuses on innovation, adaptability and flexibility that exceed customer expectations and enhance revenue generation strategies.
- Operate across a matrixed organization to lead the development of enterprise operating frameworks and processes for the consumer and marketing functions, including the development and enforcement of the brand positioning and standards across the enterprise.
- Work with operational leaders to create a contemporary, integrated approach to the desired patient experience, ensuring brand continuity and a customer service focus at every touch point.
- Conduct consumer and other research as required measuring the effectiveness of marketing activities and/or identifying new opportunities for service or product development.
- Optimize talent by providing counsel, leadership, guidance, and direction and assisting in the development of an organizational culture appropriate to support the mission. Employ participative management and leadership approaches that optimize organization resources, talent effectiveness and engagement. Empower others to exercise leadership in achieving goals, developing new concepts and taking initiative.
- Be a steward of the culture by demonstrating and role modeling leadership behaviors.
- Promote, act and collaborate as a unified leadership team to drive system consistency
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Manage and oversee team performance through performance planning, coaching and performance appraisals. Hold direct reports accountable for managing and developing their assignments to ensure goals are achieved.
- Provide ongoing feedback to team members to ensure they develop the skills and competencies required for effective planning and individual professional and personal career growth.
- Motivate and inspire team members by providing them with the information and tools they need to do their jobs well and meet patient and member expectations; regularly reward and recognize team member achievement.
- Manage performance issues, coach as necessary and address poor standards, ensuring department targets are not compromised.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or a related field.
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in healthcare marketing and/or communications or a related field, (academic medical center and/or large healthcare system is particularly a plus) with increasing management responsibility.
- Must have excellent management skills and be guided by a compelling client/customer orientation.
- Manages numerous accounts and complex issues with an orientation toward both creativity and details.
- Works extremely well with key customers in a matrixed environment.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.